With smartphones packing four or more rear cameras and increasing megapixel count in a crazy manner, smartphone photography has picked up quite a pace in the last couple of years. Despite advanced sensors, some photos need a touchup and which is where photo editing apps come to play. The default gallery app in most of the smartphones offer basic photo editing features but if you want to tweak beyond basic, you might need specialized apps to adit your photos.
12 Best Photo Editing Apps For Android In 2020
- Photoshop Express
- PicsArt Photo Studio
- Fotor Photo Editor
- VSCO Photo & Video Editor
- Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor
- YouCam Perfect
- Photo Lab
- Photo Editor Pro
- Prisma Photo Editor
1. Photoshop Express
With a simple and minimalistic interface, Adobe Photoshop Express is a great Android photo editor for quick, easy, and powerful editing on devices. It is packed with essential features like crop, straighten, rotate, and flip photos.
Photoshop Express has one-touch filters, a variety of effects, colors, auto fix, frames, and also some advanced tools like Image Rendering Engine to handle large files like panoramic photos. Its Noise Reduction feature can minimize unwanted grain and speckling in night photos.
The app is free to download and is ad-free. Moreover, it provides you the service to share photos on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites.
Special Features Of Photoshop Express
- More than 80 filters for instantly editing photos.
- Photos can be imported and edited in RAW format
- Perspective correction feature for fixing skewed perspective photos
- Share the edited photos instantly to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media websites
2. PicsArt Photo Studio
With over 100 million downloads, PicsArt is one of the favorite photo editing apps out there in 2020. The reason PicsArt is such a stand-out is due to the sheer number of options you have for customizing your photos. It comes with a built-in camera feature and a social network for sharing photos.
Other features include collage, draw, frames, stickers, and more. The app is available for free with some in-app purchases, though, you have to deal with ads.
Special Features Of PicsArt Photo Studio
- Brush mode for applying effects selectively on particular parts of a pic
- Rapidly evolving AI-powered effects
- In-built camera app with live effects
- Double exposures using layers and adjustable transparency.
3. Fotor Photo Editor
Fotor is one of the most recommended and best photo editing apps for Android with tonnes of cool features and tools to enhance images. The app offers a wide range of photo effects and filters for editing images. You can use more than 10 customizable ‘Edit’ functions for tweaking brightness, exposure, contrast, and other aspects of a pic.
The photo editor also allows you to make collages with plenty of collage templates. The app is free to download but contains ads.
Special Features Of Fotor
- Feature-rich photo editor as well as photo licensing platform
- ‘Enhance’ feature with ‘slide on screen’ capabilities for instant adjustments
- Aplenty collage templates like Classic and Magazine
PhotoDirector is a kind of multi-purpose photo editor app. It has a stylish and user-friendly interface where you can quickly adjust the colors and tone of your images with its simple, yet powerful tools. The app has an in-app camera feature where you can apply live photo effects as you snap your photos. You can edit images and share them quickly on Facebook, Flickr, and more.
This Android photo editor app is free to download with some in-app purchases and contains ads.
Special Features Of PhotoDirector
- Content-Aware tool for removing photobombers and unwanted objects.
- Artistic preset photo effects such as Lomo, Vignette, HDR and more
- Dehaze tool for removing haze, fog, and mist from images
- Photo fx for applying effects to certain regions in pictures
Snapseed is a powerful Android photo editor developed by Google that carries quite a lot of features. It is available for free and is also ad-free. The app has a user-friendly interface which is easy to use, just tap on the screen and open up any file you like.
Snapseed comes with many different types of filters to modify the look of the photo, including 29 different varieties of tools. Once done with the editing, you can easily export the file to save it or share it with your friends.
Special Features of Snapseed
- RAW DNG files can be edited and exported as JPG
- Native dark theme mode in the app
- Selective filter brush for editing only a portion of an image
- The option of saving customized preset for applying them to images later
6. VSCO Photo & Video Editor
If you’re a professional, you must have heard about VSCO photo editing app. The popular photo editing app for Android brings 10 presets and several filters to enhance your photos almost instantly.
What makes VSCO one of the best photo editing apps is the professional tools like HSL and Split Tones it offers to users for editing photographs. Moreover, VSCO also offers a platform to photographers to showcase their talent. You can join VSCO community for it.
Special Features of VSCO
- 10 free presets to edit photos instantly
- Professional-level tools for editing
- VSCO community to submit your photographs
7. Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor
Toolwiz Photos is a gorgeous all-in-one PRO photo editor that provides 200+ powerful tools. You can add filters, swap faces, adjust saturation, and even create fun collages.
This free app is blessed with an elegant and minimalist interface. Its features and ease of use make it one of the best photo editing apps for Android. However, the app has not been updated for the last two years, hence don’t expect trending filters and latest content.
Special Features Of Toolwiz Photos
- A large collection of magic filters and art filters
- Excellent selfie, and skin polishing tools including Face rater, dermabrasion, red-eyes removal, and bright eye
- More than 200 text fonts with shadow and mask support
8. YouCam Perfect
YouCam Perfect is a handy photo-editor tool for Android in 2020 where you can beautify your portrait photos within seconds. Try editing with its effects and one-touch filters, photo crop and rotate, mosaic pixelates to blur the background, vignette, and HDR effects. The app comes with a Face Reshaper, Eye Bag Remover, and also Body Slimmer to shrink your waist and make you look thinner instantly.
All-in-all, it could turn out to be a great consideration in case you’re looking for the best photo editing apps for selfies. YourCam Perfect also has video selfie capabilities. It is free to download with some in-app purchases for additional features and contains ads.
Special Features Of YouCam Perfect
- Real-time skin beautifying effects in still and video selfies
- Cutout and object remover tool
- Multi-face detection for instantly touching up a group selfie
- “Smile” feature for adding a smile to any image